INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF MUSIC AND NEW TECHNOLOGIES
"VISIONES SONORAS 2011”
Electroacoustic Music Meeting
The Mexican Centre for Music and Sonic Arts (CMMAS) invites students, composers and sonic artists to participate in the Electroacoustic Music Meeting which will be held on October 26-29, 2011 during the Seventh International Music and New Technologies Festival “Visiones Sonoras” 2011.
Composers, artists and performers of any nationality whose work involves the use of new technologies may apply. Selected participants will attend the workshops, didactic rehearsals and conferences of the meeting.
The following documentation must be submitted:
· Curriculum vitae containing at least the following: age, email, place of birth, address and work experience with technology and electroacoustic music.
· Letter of motivation; one page maximum, outlining your interest in participating.
· A letter of intent, accepting the compromise to attend to all the activities of the festival including the international travel.
· A sample of previous work involving the use of new technologies in any of the following formats:
· Audio files: MP3
o Video files: .mov or Mpeg4
o Text files and scores: .doc, .txt or .pdf
These documents must be sent through the CMMAS website (www.cmmas.org). To do so, enter the English version (ACTIVITIES>PROJECT SUBMISSIONS) and register as user. Once registered, access the PROJECT SUBMISSIONS section. Select the options REGISTER A PROJECT > VISIONES SONORAS ENCUENTRO DE COMPOSITORES (please follow carefully the instructions given after the section TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUBMISSIONS, in the project registry).
The activities of the Meeting will be held at the Auditorio de la Unidad Académica Cultural de la UNAM Campus Morelia: Antigua carretera a Pátzcuaro 8701, col. Ex Hacienda de San josé de la Huerta, C.P. 58190, in Morelia City, Michoacan on 26-29 October, 2011;
· The deadline for materials is Friday, September 30th 2011.
· Only applications received through our website (www.cmmas.org > project submissions) according the formats specified in Documentation will be assessed. Postal deliveries or e-mails will not be accepted.
· Selected candidates will be announced Tuesday, October 11th 2011 in the Festival’s website (www.visionessonoras.org) and through the CMMAS (website www.cmmas.org)
· The 2011 Selection Committee consists of composers who are internationally recognized in the field of electroacoustic music and who will be participating in the various activities in the festival.
· Applicants who are unsuccessful are most welcome to attend the activities of the electroacoustic music meeting and festival at their own expense. Our intention is to admit as many students as possible.
· The following aspects will be considered when evaluating the submitted materials curriculum vitae, letter of intent, clarity and quality of the presented material.
· The committee’s final decisions will not be open to discussion.
· Cases not expressly foreseen will be solved by the jury.
Special support of the Ministry of Culture of the State of Michoacán (SECUM) and CMMAS for the Festival
Participants who will be coming from outside of Morelia may apply for financial assistance to cover lodging expenses in a double room and support for meal throughout their stay. This does not include international travel.
If you wish to be considered for this support, the following conditions must be fulfilled in addition to those mentioned above:
· Proof of address that shows that the participant does not reside in the city of Morelia, Michoacan.
· A letter expressing the desire to be considered for this support.
For more information about this call please use the following contacts:
Tel. CMMAS +52.443.317.56.79/+52.443.313.83.43